Skip to content Skip to navigation
Division of Finance and Administration


The Center for Business Services and Solutions (CBS2) is a support unit for UC Merced's purchasing department, with responsibility for the facilitation and execution of external commitments for goods and services. CBS2's objectives are to offer responsive service, protect the university from foreseeable procurement risk, and ensure the university's requirements are being met when placing orders for campus departments.

Below is a complete listing of the purchasing services currently offered by CBS2. By selecting the link, you will be taken directly to the applicable request in ServiceNow for submission.


Create a FedEx Shipping Label

Create inbound and outbound Fed Ex shipping labels on behalf of the department.

What do I need to get started?

COA/POET, shipping address, dimensions and weight of non-FedEx box and business justification.




Initate a General Purchasing Request

Prepare and submit requisitions in Oracle for all services and goods; this includes purchases for both Catalog and Non-Catalog items and the execution of service agreement and renewals. Users can also use this request for subawards, Independent Contract execution ( HR approval must be obtained prior to execution) , and requests for international vendors. You can also use this request to initiate closure of an open purchase order. For all software purchases please use the Software Request below. 

What do I need to get started?

COA/POET, Quote, justification and approval




Manage Your Invoice Payment

Initiate the process for invoice submission through Oracle to the Accounts Payable team for payment, this includes payments for vendors, honorariums, cost of living increases, and lease agreements.   You can also use this request to manage invoices still pending payment to ensure completion through the payment process. 

What do I need to get started?

Invoice, justification. If a purchase order has not been created you will also need your COA/POET 




Order Your Mobile Device (Cellular Phone/MiFi)

This request will initiate the general purchase of centralized cellular phones and MiFi for the UC Merced campus. This includes changes in current phone or MiFi services and the purchase of accessories. Request is available to all faculty and staff. 

What do I need to get started?

Ticket submission in ServiceNow




Purchase Software 

This request will initiate the purchase of software.

If you are looking for one of the following applications: Adobe CC, Acrobat Pro, Acrobat Reader, ArcGIS Online/Pro, ArcGIS Pro, ArcMap, Calm app, Camtasia, Crashplan, Mathematica, Matlab, MS Project, SPSS, SAS EAS/TR, SAS JMP, Visio, Zoom (HIPAA license), Zoom (Webinar license – for over 300 attendees) use the Office of Information Technology Software List for self-help options. Students, please use the Office of Information Technology Servicehub for all your software needs.

What do I need to get started?

Detailed description of software, quote, COA/POET, business justification, and approval




New Vendor Setup 

Initiate a new vendor setup when working with a business or individual that has not yet established themselves as a UC Merced supplier in Oracle.  Please note: Transactions cannot be made in Oracle without a supplier id. 

What do I need to get started?

Vendor name, contact information, website address




Submit Your Procurement Card (P-Card) Receipt 

Submit P-Card Receipts to attach to the reconciliation of your monthly PCard Statement. All campus users; including faculty, staff, and students who make purchases outside of the General Purchasing process via their PCard must submit the associated receipts for their monthly statement to verify, review and approve transactions. PCard statements are due by the 5th of the following month and are necessary to keep your PCard open for usage.  

Need a PCard : Download the application, fill out and obtain all approvals. Send the completed application, with training certificate, to The P-card administrator will review the application and request a P-card from the managing bank. You will be notified by the P-card administrator that your card is available to pick up.

What do I need to get started?

COA/POET, receipt, justification, approval